The divisions of the Stateland Baptist Church Music Ministry are as follows:
Sanctuary Choir – Male Chorus – Praise Team – Youth Praise Choir
Adult, Male, & Youth Choirs
The choir provides worshipful music for assigned church worship services and special services outside of the church.
Adult Choir – The membership of the Adult Choir shall consist of individuals, minimum 18 years of age, who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and possess a desire to serve God through the music ministry.
Male Chorus – The membership of the Male Chorus shall consist of male Adult Choir members.
Youth Praise Choir – The membership of the YPC shall consist of individuals, minimum 6 years of age.
1. Members are expected to be present and on time for all rehearsals and performances. When this is not possible, it is the member’s responsibility to contact the President/Music Director and advise them of the situation.
Any event or engagement extended to or concerning a choir must be approved by the Minister of Music, and Pastor.
The praise team encourages each individual in the body of Christ to make “His” glorious praise by leading the congregation in a corporate time of praise.
1. The membership of the Praise Team shall consist of dependable Adult Choir members.
2. Must be an example of worshippers in public and private life.
3. Must have a “freedom” to praise God openly.
4. Members must attend regularly church services and a Bible Study of the church.
5. Must have leadership qualities (ability to take initiative).
6. Must arrive at services and functions on time.
Attendance, Performance & Choir Discipline
Members are expected to be aware of funerals, and/or other events to be held at the church, be available for counsel and arrange for music for special projects, ministries, and other church related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
1. Direct music during service and rehearsals.
2. Assist the Minister of Music in planning congregational services, rehearsals, and special music events.
3. Attend musicians’ rehearsals.
4. Conduct choir rehearsals in the absence of the Minister of Music.
5. Be responsible for the selection of music in the absence of the Minister of Music.
1. Conduct choir business meetings. All business meetings will be held during the first ten (10) minutes of the scheduled rehearsal.
2. Approve in cooperation with the Minister of Music and Pastor of invitations to engagements outside of the church.
3. Recruit new members.
4. Communicate with the secretary rehearsal times.
5. Contact choir members in regards to rehearsal changes.
6. Contact absent members.
7. Responsible for the planning and coordination of all choir functions (i.e., musicals, programs).
9. Plan choir fellowships, outings, and in-reach/outreach activities.
10. Provide all new members with a copy of the choir’s guidelines and order choir robes as needed.
Assist the choir president with duties as assigned.
1. Maintain an up-to-date membership roll for the choir.
2. Record attendance of members. Advise president of repeat absentees.
3. Record Minutes of Choir Meetings.
4. Collect money and maintain records for purchases if necessary (i.e., robes, flowers, etc.).
Music Ministry Schedules
Order Of Service – Sunday Morning, 11:00 a.m.
Opening Praise (Hymn of the Month 1st and 3rd Sunday’s only)
Praise and Worship
Pastoral Reflections (recognition of visitors)
Worship in Giving
Invitation to Discipleship
Worship Service Devotion will be in conducted be the following on indicated Sundays:
1st – Deacons, Mass Choir (Adult, Male, Youth)
2nd – Youth Praise Choir (Also will do praise and worship, collect offering and pray)
3rd – Deacons, Adult Choir
4th – Deacons, Male Chorus
5th – Deacons, Mass Choir
Each Thrusday, except prior to 2rd, 4th, and 5th Sunday – 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Each Thursday prior the 4th Sunday – 7:00 p.m.
Each 1st and 3rd Saturday – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
4th Sundays following Service
Each Wednesday – 5:30 p.m.